Fixing BSOD – Blue Screen Of Death ?
Blue Screen of Death also known as BSOD, Blue Screen and Stop Error code. Microsoft mainly made this blue screen in its Windows Operating System to define a particular problem by a particular error code to fix a computer more relevantly by its issue.
There are so many reasons why you do getting this BSOD error on your screen and those are be like, corrupted windows, corrupted windows & hardware installed drivers and sometimes by faulty hardware issues, but 80% of these BSOD comes from a corrupted windows files and its corrupted system database.
NEW WINODWS 8/8.1/10 BSOD LOOK
If I suggest this tutorial by some of my another tutorial or if your computer is suffering from a BSOD, then it’s better to go with these solutions because it will really going to help you out to fix your blue screen problem.
# Repair Solution To Fix BSOD
Note 1 : After doing every single step just restart your computer and try to use it as normally for testing purposes. I suggest this because a single or may be taking two steps can repair your computer.
Note 2 : If your windows won’t start in a proper way or maybe you seeing this blue screen in the middle of windows starts up then you should directly move on to the Step 5 because Step 1 to 4 is only for running operating system.
Step 1 – Clean Viruses from Windows
Most of the times viruses can corrupt our windows files and our computer starts to showing these types of errors on our monitor screen.
That’s why I highly suggest you to install a good antivirus in your computer and do a full systems scan or maybe a boot time scan and that might really help you a lot, if the virus is the main reason for your blue screen error.
I’m using avast Internet Security for myself and also suggest this to everybody who needs an antivirus for their computer as according to my experience. If you don’t wanna spend your money for some extra features then the Avast Standard version will definitely gonna works perfectly for you.
Step 2 – Windows registry is corrupted
Sometimes just virus scan isn’t enough because the virus has done its own work already and makes your computer already infect. When a virus starts infecting your computer the main target what it starts to corrupt is your windows registry files because the registry is the main controller of your windows and if your registry got infected it’s 90% possible of getting this Blue Screen of Death error on your computer. So, install a registry cleaner and repair software to repair and clean your windows registry files. >>DOWNLOAD_Registry_Cleaner_tool<
After downloading your registry tuner and click on scan button which will automatically start to scan your computer and shows you every little problem what it found in your PC.
After that just click on FIX PROBLEM to repair everything, what it shows you.
Step 3 – Use SFC /SCANNOW To Repair Windows
Sfc Scan is a great command run by CMD which can repair your windows by just typing a single command on your windows command prompt.
You’ll just only have to type the command on CMD and sit back until the scan completes and it will repair most of your windows file.
1. Open the CMD as an administrator.
2. Type the command “Sfc /Scannow” and hit enter.
Note: Doesn’t close this CMD window until the verification gets 100% complete.
3. Restart your computer and test it, if the blue screen has gone, that’s good, if don’t, then move to the next solution.
Step 4 – Update Windows and Hardware Drivers
There are two types of drivers installed in your computer and you need both to update in order to fix this error.
- Windows drivers – Windows update is also a great way to fix your windows problem because this windows inbuilt tool will scan your computer and update all your windows corrupted drivers and also update with the latest ones. So, it’s better to use it even it takes your internet or time.
- Computer hardware drivers – To update your computer’s hardware drivers like sound, chipset etc. you’ll need to download them from the internet to install it manually. To download it you’ll need to search your computers model no. on the manufacturer’s website support page and then download the latest updated drivers of yours hardware. If you don’t want to waste your time on searching, then I have another great tutorial to show you how to find and download your computer’s hardware driver and I suggest you to use “3rd party software” instruction in that tutorial to make it easier for you to download drivers and you can check out the link below.
Step 5 – Windows is corrupted
If your windows files got corrupted in a very bad way and doesn’t seem to get repair and you still seeing BSOD error after trying all the solution given above in this post, then there are still two possible things what you can do now to fix your BSOD’s problem, first restore your windows to the earlier time and second install a new windows operating system in your computer’s hard drive.
Tip: For those who having this problem on windows startup then you should need to use startup repair utility tool. >Click Here To See<
So let’s see what will work for you.
- Restore Your Computer – Restoring windows will restore your windows files back to normal only if you’ve created a restore point before in the past. If you don’t think you’ve created any then it’s better to check it or otherwise you’ll have to install a new window on your computer.
If you aren’t able to open your windows properly then there are two ways to restore your computer, first restoring your computer by open system restore in safe mode and other is restoring your windows by System Recovery Options in windows installation disk as you can watch the restore video tutorial below.
- Windows install– If the windows restore won’t works either then It’s better to reinstall your windows, but there is one thing whaich I want you to let know is BSOD comes up on your screen with a defined code like “STOP:0x0000007b” error code as you can see on given BSOD Example Picture at the top of this post and every code define its own problems like 7b defines as a hard disk error or stop:0x000000d1 define as a drivers related problem. So, it’s better to check your problem solution on the internet before you reinstall your computer windows. You can check out our windows installation tutorial below if you find your problem is only solved by reinstalling windows.
If your problem still exists after trying all of the solution given above then I prefer you to do a deep research about your BSOD. First, you’ll need to identify your problem and after then search it on the internet, as you see on given picture below there are 2 possible error codes which you can try to use to start your research about the BSOD error.
Still Finding Solution or Need Some Help ?
If you still can’t find your solution then maybe you’ll need to contact us and we will definitely gonna help you out by our technical support.
Click To Proceed To Desk’s Technical Support Page