Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage – FIX
“Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage” is an internet connection problem of your computer but sometimes this problem also occurred due to corrupted files of your browsers and your windows, and not just that, a month ago this problem takes my 2 hours to fixing it and just because of my those 2 hours, I found a lot of different and working solutions to troubleshoot a computer and it also helps me to write this 1500+ word article which can 99% helps to fix someone’s PC just in 10 minutes.
So, now it’s all on you how quickly to read this article and try the given solution on your computer system:
Actually, there are lots of different things which can responsible for your computer to showing you this type of error on your windows explorer browsers and that’s the reason why I have written all the solution in a proper way to fix things easily. So, it’s possible you can quickly fix your problem by just trying some couple of methods and I know, yes it’s pretty good right!!
So, let’s see how to fix this error?
#First Thing First
In this “first thing first” I want to do a power cycle for your network modem and by saying “Power Cycle” I mean reboot your router or modem and everything connected between your ISP and the connected device.
By doing this power cycle, it does help when our computers system can’t able to get online or having some issue to get Internet access on any device or maybe your Internet connection cannot be established on your router’s gateway.
To Power Cycle or Reboot your Network Device like Modem/Router, please follow these steps:
- Switch off the router button (if it’s having) and unplug the power cable from your modem or router.
- Then Leave it unplugged for 1 minute
- Now Plug it back the power cable to your modem or router and verify that you are again connected to the Internet or not.
After that, if your internet still doesn’t work on your device and you’re still getting this problem on your computer, then now you’ll just need to follow all the steps given below one by one until you’ve fixed your system.
Solution No. 1 – Delete History And Clean Cookies
I am talking about Internet cookies, little pieces of information who stored in your web browser which mainly made of some text strings. These cookies saved automatically in your browsers and sometimes it creates a problem when it’s get corrupted and by clearing them can fix this problem completely and the great part is, it’s easy to clean a cookie.
TO DO SO,
First press Windows + R key on your keyboard and then type “inetcpl.cpl” in the blank field and press enter.
After that click on the delete button on the browser’s history category and then select all the selection and click on “Delete” to clear all the saved junk files from your browser’s history.
Solution No. 2 – Disable Add-Ons
Add-ons are browser extensions which our browser uses to improve the user experience on any particular type of web page who also contains or providing multimedia or interactive kinds of stuff. Sometimes Add-ons do cause our internet explorer to stop responding and showing this “Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage” error on the computer’s screen.
Disabling them is the only way to fix it and it’s also easy to do:
- Open your window run command by pressing Windows + R key and type “inetcpl.cpl” on it and press enter to open internet properties.
- Now select the program tab and click on “manage add-ons” buttons to open add-ons manager on the screen and after that, you’ll able to see the every installed add-ons on your internet explorer.
- After that disable every enabled Add-ons one by one, by using disable button on the right bottom side of that window.
Make sure you do select a single add-ons on that window or otherwise it will won’t show you that disable button:
After disabling every add-ons of your browser, you’ll need to restart your computer and test it right after when your internet get open.
Sometimes it will fix your problem and if it does work for you then you can try to enable those add-ons one by one until you’ve find the faulty one.
Solution No. 3 – Disable Proxy
Sometimes our PC’s internet configuration gets modified by some freaky computer Viruses or maybe some spammy installed software’s and by making some simple changes in our internet setting can bring our internet back to work.
The core configuration which I’m chitchatting about is a “Proxy” setting which you can found in your Operating System’s control panel because a proxy server is a server which acts as an intermediary for getting the requests from the clients seeking resources from some another server.
@To Change Internet Setting In Windows:
- First, go to the “Control Panel” in your windows PC.
- And after that, open your windows file manager and in the upper top menu list you’ll need to click on the “Open Control panel” option to open it.
- After that, you’ll have to search for the setting named “Internet Options” in that control panel window and when you found it, just double-click on it and it will show you your computer’s internet setting.
- Now click on the Connection Tab and then click on LAN setting.
- Now un-tick all settings from the check box and click OK button to exit and that’s the only thing you’ll have to do in it.
- Now restart your computer and test it, if the problem stays move to the next solution listed below.
Solution No. 4 – Release And Renew IP
To renew IP on Windows OS you’ll need to do:
- First, you’ll gonna have to open your Windows CMD Command Prompt.
- When it gets open, type “ipconfig /release” (without quotes) and press “Enter”.
- After that type “ipconfig /renew” (without quotes) and then press “Enter” again.
- Now type “exit” and press enter once more.
- Restart your computer and test it, if the problem stays then move to the next solution.
Solution No. 5 – Disable Antivirus
Most of the times when some harsh filter setting of your computer’s or antivirus is enabled, then it’s quite possible your antivirus is stopping some websites from opening and causing this error.
So, you can confirm it by deactivating or disabling your antivirus for a moment and test that, does it makes your internet issue gone or not and if it’s solved the problem then you can change your antivirus setting to the medium level of security.
Solution No. 6 – Change DNS
Normally the DNS server obtains service set’s on automatically in your computer and sometimes it may be stopped working with internet explorer and that’s why we need to change that setting by manually entering the DNS server IP.
We are using “Google Public DNS” server IP for our manual setup because is a FREE Domain Name System service offered by Google and the best part is, it’s providing domain name resolution for all host’s on the Internet.
#To Change DNS In Windows
- To change the DNS Setting you’ll need to go to “Network and Sharing center” and you can easily open it by various method but I’m only gonna show you the easiest way. First start your windows Run Command by using “Windows key + R key” and then type the command name “ncpa.cpl” on the commander and click “OK”.
- When it gets opened, click on the “change adapter settings” option from the left-hand side panel.
- Now Right Click on the currently active network adapter and then click on the properties option to get into the configuration mode (I’m doing this with my Wi-Fi adapter because I’m using Wi-Fi and if you’re using LAN wire cable then you’ll need to right-click on “LOCAL AREA NETWORK ADAPTER” or maybe “Ethernet” Adaptor, whatever suit your condition.
- On the Properties window, you’ll have to Scroll down to the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option and then click on it and after when you click on it, it will highlight the properties option and after that, you’ll have to click on that “Properties” button too.
- On that “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” window you can see there is an option named “Use the following DNS server addresses” listed and now you’ll have to select it and change the setting from “Obtain DNS server address automatically” to the other one.
- After that, it will ask you to enter the IP address in both rows and you’ll just need to enter “220.127.116.11” in the Preferred DNS SERVER and “18.104.22.168” in Alternate DNS SERVER as you can see in the picture given below.
- And finally, click on “OK” to save the setting.
Now restart your computer to see the changes and its 50% possible that your problem is gone and if it doesn’t then move to our next step.
Solution No. 7 – Disable Protection Mode
TO Disable Protected Mode:
- First press Windows + R key on your keyboard and then type “inetcpl.cpl” in the blank field and press enter.
- After that click on the advanced tab and search for “Enable enhanced protected mode” option and when you’ve to find it, just untick that option to disable it.
Solution No. 8 – Repair Registry
The registry is the main target when a virus or malware starts to corrupt your windows and a single Changed value in your windows registry can cause this network error. I’m suggesting SpeedZooka Registry cleaner because most of the clients happy with it and it provide more features than a simple registry cleaner at low-cost price and the best part is if you’re not happy then they have a great policy by providing “60 Day Money Back Guarantee” to all customers, pretty good right!!.
Solution No. 9 – Use Chrome as Alternative
There are a lot of different kinds of internet browsers are available on the internet and as far I know, even Google chrome have two brothers and you can use both of them besides if you are also using chrome.
The first one this Chromium and the second one is Google Chrome Canary, both works just like your normal chrome and you can safely use it to surf the internet. So, you can use these if your internet explorer having some problem to opening a web page.
#If Problem Still Stays Even After Using Different Browser
Yes, it’s possible that even when you use some another browser to access the internet and that browser also shows you some kind of error when you trying to open some website and if that’s the condition with you, it means you definitely having some problem in your network’s internet connection.
In that case, you can try to call your internet service provider or maybe you can check your internet drivers first before calling to the ISP.
So, if you can able to use your internet connection in all your other internet connected devices, then it’s possible your windows network LAN card’s driver got corrupted too and to fix that I want you to update all those network drivers to the latest one and in case if you’re using the latest once, just try to reinstall those.
This article will help you to download those drivers >> How To Find And Download Drivers Online?
Still Finding Solution or Need Some Help ?
If you still can’t find your solution then maybe you’ll need to contact us and we will definitely gonna help you out by our technical support.
Click To Proceed To Desk’s Technical Support Page