Fixing No Audio Output Device Is Installed Problem In Windows
In case, if your computer’s Operating System starts to showing you “No Audio Output Device Is Installed” when every time you scroll your mouse’s pointer to the sound icon, that means your Windows is might having some problem to identify your Computer’s audio hardware device or maybe it’s also possible that your Windows Sound Drivers got corrupted too.
Normally when you try to click on your Windows Sound Controller, it will open up a “Play Back Troubleshooting Program” screen to troubleshoot this problem, but I know it won’t able to solve this and just remains to show you ‘troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem’ error message on your computer’s screen, or maybe sometimes it also shows that the problem is related to the drivers.
This problem can occur in any version of Windows Operating System, whatever you are using Windows 10 or Windows 7 in your desktop or laptop computer and recently I saw lots of new forum threads where some Windows Server users also having this issue with their servers.
So whatever your condition is, now you really don’t have to worry about it because I’ll definitely be going to help you out to fix this problem with the help of my this troubleshooting guide article;
Here’s The List Of Those Things Which Could Be Possible And Cause This Issue On Your Computers System And Those Are –
- Drivers Got Corrupted (85% Possibility).
- Windows Got Corrupted (14% Possibility).
- Your Computer Or Laptop’s Sound Jack Or Motherboard Got Faulty (1% Possibility).
And to find which one of these reasons is the main root problem for causing this sound problem in your computer, you’ll actually need to troubleshoot your whole computer because without troubleshooting, nobody can say which one of is the main reason but most of the times you’ll be going to fix this problem by following the first step of this tutorial.
So, Let’s See How To Fix This Problem;
Step 1- Troubleshooting the Drivers
Just like I said, most of this problem came from the corrupted drivers of your computers and the best way to confirm it, you can open your Windows Device Manager where all the hardware’s driver is listed.
And to do that, first, you’ll need to open the Device Manager by using a run command called “devmgmt.msc”, and in case, if you don’t know how to open the windows Run Commander then by pressing “Windows Key + R Key” at the same time, will open the run commander for you, and after that type the “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box and press enter to open it.
When the device manager get open up in the front of you, now you’ll need to check your sound drivers to know everything is working great or maybe need to get repaired.
So, as you can see in the picture given below all the sound drivers is listed in a perfect way, and actually this is how a normal sound driver looks like:
@Two Possible Conditions Which Can Happen;
Condition No. 1 – If your device manager is showing you your Sound Driver’s looks normal just like in the above-given picture and you still having this problem in your computer, then I think your desktop or laptop is having some kind of major drivers related issue with it which actually isn’t able to get identified yet. Or, you can feel free to skip this condition’s solution and move to the next one if you having some abnormal looking sign on your computer’s Sound Drivers.
In this condition, you can check the given link below which can help you to download the latest version of your computer’s sound drivers which you can install after downloading to make everything’s back to normal again.
If upgrading drivers won’t works for you then move to next solution to continue this error troubleshooting;
Condition No. 2 – In case, if you found some yellow or disable sign stick on your sound drivers name or maybe your all your sound drivers is listed as unknown in the other devices category then actually now it’s time when your computer’s sound drivers need some upgradation.
Here You Can See How Unknown, Yellow Sign Or Disabled Sound Drivers Looks Like:
@Answers, For The Questions You Might Be Thinking Right Now;
- What to do, If Drivers is Disabled? –In case, if you found your Audio Drivers is disabled in the device manager of your windows, then you can quickly enable it back by just right clicking on the Sound Driver and select the enable option, enabling it can make your drivers back on the working position.
- What To Do, If Drivers Having Yellow Sign Or Listed in Other Devices Category? – Yellow or maybe cross red sign means that drivers is corrupted and in case, your sound drivers is listed under the Other Devices Category then it means the sound drivers of your computer isn’t installed yet. In both conditions, you’ll have to install the latest drivers but if your computer shows you the yellow or the red sign on the old drivers, then I think maybe you should need to uninstall the old corrupted drivers first because sometimes installing new latest drivers over the old corrupted once didn’t work.
To uninstall the old drivers, first you’ll have to right click on the old sound drivers and when the options came out, select “Uninstall” to remove that driver out from your computer.
This Link Will Help To Learn: What Is a Sound Driver, And How To Install It?
Step 2- Troubleshooting The Operating System
I know it’s possible that the installing or updating the sound drivers to the latest one didn’t solve your problem, in that condition the second most and the main thing which could be possible for causing this problem is your own Windows Operating System.
Most of the times, some virus or maybe a malware software corrupts our windows, and mainly when a malware or virus enters in your computer it directly starts to attack the computer’s programs and drivers to infect our computer system and that’s the part where our computers start to do some abnormal things.
So, the first thing which I want you to do is to scan your whole computers from viruses and here’s the > link of Avast Antivirus < what you can download in case if your computer doesn’t have any antivirus installed in it.
In that link, you can also download the free 30 day trial period antivirus under the buy now button and try to remove the virus from your computers and yes you can uninstall it if it won’t works for you, even without paying any money.
Suggested Link: What’s A Good Antivirus And How To Pick A Best One?
@What To Do If Removing Virus Or Malware From The Computer Didn’t Work Either:
Mainly when some Malware Software or a Virus starts infect your computer, the main target from where they start to corrupt our Windows is the Registry Database, because the registry database is the main controller of our windows operating system and in case, if your registry also got infected too, then it’s 99% possible that you are getting some kind of drivers related problem on your computer or laptop, even if you removed all the virus out from your computer.
I know sometimes Antivirus scan also didn’t show any infected file in the computer and still, we have this problem. That’s only possible when the operating system got corrupted by some other spammy software what you downloaded from the internet while surfing the unsafe website.
To fix the registry issue you’ll just need to buy some best in class registry cleaner to repair and clean the bad values out from the registry database. All working Registry Cleaners are only available in paid version but before spending your money, first, I want to fix the registry by using your windows command prompt because most of the times this problem get fixed by putting a single command in the CMD of our windows and just because of that, you don’t even have to pay for anything.
Use SFC /SCANNOW To Repair Windows – Sfc Scan is a great command run by CMD which can help you to repair your Windows by just typing a single command in the Windows Command Prompt. Now you’ll just have to type the command on the CMD and sit back until the scan completes and it will repair most of your Windows files including the corrupted registry database.
- Open CMD, as an administrator.
- Then type the command “Sfc /Scannow” and hit enter. Make sure you don’t close this CMD window until the verification gets 100% completed.
- Restart your computer and test it, if your sound’s come back then that’s good, if don’t, then I think now you should need to buy a Registry Cleaner for your Operating System.
If you don’t have any registry tuner or cleaner in your computer, then install a best in class cleaner in your PC to get the perfect performance and an error-free system’s lifespan.
Here are the two Top Rated Software’s what I recommend to all my websites guest users as listed below.
Still confuse? then this can help >> What’s A Good Registry Cleaner And How To Pick One?
After downloading the registry cleaner, just click on scan button which will automatically start the full system scan and after that, it will show you every little problem what it found in your computer.
After that, just click on Fix Problem Button to repair everything which it shows in front of you.
@What To Do If Still Nothing Works
In case, if you still having this problem in your computer then it’s quite possible that some of your windows important files got broken from inside and having some kind of problem which remains to stop those files to repair and work correctly.
The only way to fix that kind of problem is by reinstalling the windows in your computer system, I’m only suggesting you this because sometimes it happens that repairing windows can’t be possible. So, take a backup and install a new windows in your computer is the best option what you can still try and maybe sure you install the latest drivers, according to the version of your operating system after when the windows installation gets completed.
This Link Will Help You To See >> How To Install Windows?
Step 3- Troubleshooting The Hardware
Even after Windows reinstallation, If you still having this issue with your computer then I’m sure it’s 100% a hardware related fault but there are some couple of thing what you can still try to make your computer’s sound come back by troubleshooting the hardware, and those are:
- Troubleshoot The Output Device: Sometimes it’s possible that the audio output device what you’ve connected is already faulty and the whole problem is generating from that faulty output device. Actually, it’s always better to use some headphone or earplug in your computer’s or laptop’s sound jack to check it’s an internal or an external problem.
- Use Another Sound Jack Only For Desktop Users: If you having this problem in your desktop, then you can also try to use your desktop front panel audio jack beside using the back panel and if you’re already using the front panel jack then you can also try to use the back panel jack too because it possible that the everything is working fine but the problem is coming from the broken audio jack.
- Use A USB Sound Adaptor: USB Sound Adapter is an external audio signal output hardware which you can use in your desktop or laptop’s USB port, because repairing the Audio Jack or Audio Chip of your computer’s motherboard is really expensive but by spending less than 10$ you can buy a USB Sound card for your computer which can work in both laptop and desktop PCs.
@What To Do – If You Still Having This Problem:
If this problem still stuck on your computer then the only way to fix it, is to reinstall your Windows Operating System.
You can follow this link to see >> How To Install Windows On A Desktop Or Laptop Computer?
Still Finding Solution or Need Some Help ?
If you still can’t find your solution then maybe you’ll need to contact us and we will definitely gonna help you out by our technical support.
Click Here For The Technical Support