ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED – Explained With Solutions
If your computer’s chrome browser is showing you an error message named “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” with some quotes saying about your computer is “unable to connect to the internet” or “you are offline” like something then there is definitely a 100% possibilities that it’s a network connectivity problem in your device.
What is ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED?
The error code “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED” is your Google’s Chrome browser error and it means your chrome browser having some hard time to accessing the internet and that’s why it showing you this error which says about:
ERR = Browser’s Error
INTERNET = For Network Or Connectivity Problem
DISCONNECTED = Which Is Mainly Disconnected
You can have this error on a wide range of devices like Mobile Phone, Laptops, Computers and everything which having chrome installed in it.
There are so many reasons for this error to showing up on your screen and that’s why I want to troubleshoot it, by following the step by step guide given below.
In this article, I have mentioned solutions for Windows, Mac, and Android operating system so just skip those step which is not for your OS and only follows those who’s applying to your OS.
So let’s starts with:
First of all, 90% of this error coming just because of some minor issue in your network connectivity and this is the reason why I was made this network troubleshooting guide more explained than others.
#First Thing First
The first thing I want to do is to check your internet network connectivity outside from your device (like who having this error in their browsers too). So, if you’ve having a WiFi router to share your Internet, then you can connect your internet to your other phone or maybe tablet to identify is this problem in occurring on every device who connected from your internet or it’s just your one single device who’s having this problem.
If you accessing your network by a LAN Cable then you can remove that cable from your computer or laptop and reconnect it to some other computer, for testing purpose.
I’m suggesting this because I wanna to check, does your internet is working or not because sometimes people just blaming their computer but the problem is mainly coming from your ISP or maybe your Network Devices like Modem or Router.
So, if your internet is working just fine on other devices besides that one who’s having this problem, then it’s your computer or phone’s problem and maybe you shouldn’t worry about it because I’m gonna guide you till you’ve fix this problem by your own.
If you’ve cant able to accessing the internet also outside your device then it’s definitely your Internet Service Provider’s issue and you should probably call them to get some assistance. You can also try our next step before calling your ISP, most of the time that works.
By saying power cycle I mean reboot your router or modem and everything connected between your ISP and device. Doing this power cycle does helps our system when it can’t able to get online or having some issue to make Internet access on some device or maybe your Internet connection cannot be established on your router/gateway.
To Power Cycle or Reboot your Network Device like Modem/Router, please follow these steps:
- Switch off the router button (if it’s having) and unplug the power cable from your modem or router.
- Then Leave it unplugged for 1 minute
- Now Plug it back the power cable to your modem or router and verify that you are again connected to the Internet or not.
After that, if your internet still doesn’t work on any device then call your ISP and if your internet working on all other devices and your main particular device’s chrome still having this error code, then you should continue with this tutorial.
In this step I want you to reestablish your network connection by doing some simple step given below:
@If Your Laptop Or Desktop Is Connected By Lan Cable (Wired Connection) – Then you can change the other end of your wire to the next free socket in your modem or router.
Just remove the wire from the current socket and reconnect it to the other free socket and if you’ve don’t have any free socket then you can exchange it with the other one by connecting some other Lan Wire to your current socket and replacing your Lan Cable to their socket.
@If you’re Laptop, Desktop or Android Phone Is Connected by WIFI (Wireless Connection) – Then you should Refreshing your connection by removing the current network name from the WiFi Setting.
So, forgot the WiFi Network from your device and given steps below will helps you to do that.
- Go to Start.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Select “Network and Internet”.
- Select “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Choose Manage Wireless Networks from the left side panel.
- Right click on the current network from the list and choose Remove.
Click on the WiFi icon from the Taskbar and then right click on your current network and then click on “Forget this network” to forgets it.
- Press Windows key + I key to open your windows setting.
- Select Network & Internet setting option
- Then next, click on Wi-Fi from the left side panel.
- Click on Manage Wi-Fi Settings in that current window.
- Now you will see two settings – Wi-Fi Sense and Manage known networks. Under the second one, select your own network, then click on Forgot.
- Go to your System Preferences.
- Click on Network.
- Select WiFi on the left.
- Select the WiFi network from that list & then click on Disconnect.
- After that Click on Advanced button.
- Select your WiFi network and then click on the (-) button to remove it.
- Click on the OK button and then Click on Apply.
Go to the Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi Settings, tap and hold the network you’ve connected to.
Tap on > Forgot network.
After forgetting the network just reconnect it and it’s possible your problem has gone, if not then continue.
#Changing Internet Setting
Sometimes our computer’s internet setting gets changed by Virus or some installed Spammy software and by doing some changes in our setting can bring our internet back to work.
The main setting what I’m talking about is “Proxy” setting because In our computer networks connections, a proxy server is a server which acts as an intermediary for getting the requests from the clients seeking resources from some another server and there are so many of reasons for our proxy settings to get changed and those are:
- Changed By Some Malware
- Changed By Some Viruses.
- Changed By Computer’s User, Manually.
- Changed by Some Software What You’re Using in Your Computer.
Whatever the reasons is, by doing a single change in setting can make things back to normal.
@To Change Internet Setting In Windows:
- To change that setting you’ll need to go to the “Control Panel” in your windows PC.
- First, go your windows file manager and in the upper top menu list and click on the “Open Control panel” to open it.
Or In Windows 7
- Now find the “Internet Options” setting in your control panel and when you found it, just double click on it and it will show you your computer’s internet setting.
- After that go to the Connection Tab and click on LAN setting button.
- Now un-tick all the settings from the check boxes and click OK to exit and that’s the only thing you’ll have do in it.
- Now restart your computer and test it, if the problem stays then move to the next solution listed below.
@To Change Internet Proxy Setting In Mac OS:
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left of the menu bar.
- Select “System Preferences” in that menu.
- Click on “Network” in the system preference window.
- When it’s got open, select your current network connection what you’re using to surf internet.
- Click on Advanced button.
- Click on the Proxies.
- Un-tick all the ticks in the checkboxes under the“Select a protocol to configure” options.
- Click OK, then if you’ve made any changes click Apply Now.
@To Change Internet Setting In Android:
Normally Android don’t have any proxy browsing features build in it but if you’re using it by installing 3rd party application or maybe if you’ve recent installed some app who can use proxy on androids phone then I‘ll suggest you to remove it from your device and test your internet connection after when you have done with the uninstallation of that application.
In some cases, the firewall blocks the Internet connection and disallows the computer to accessing the Internet. By disabling it can work most of the time.
I’m only showing you this disabling firewall process only for windows, and not for mac or Linux because only windows having this firewall issue with internet connectivity.
- To turn off the firewall in windows you’ll need to go back to your windows control panel again and select the “Windows Firewall” option in it, you can also search in the search box by typing ‘Firewall’ in it.
- In your windows firewall setting, click on the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” option in the left side panel. Administrator permission required If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Now select the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” option under the network location and that will stop your protection, then click on “OK” to save the setting.
#At Last “Driver Update” Only For Windows Users
If your drivers got corrupted then it’s possible your OS won’t let the hardware work properly. In that case, you can try to update your drivers to the latest version and that will fix your problem.
Only Update Network Card or WiFi Drivers:
If your internet still not working on your computer in any browser, then this step won’t helps you.
OR, After trying everything from above, if your computer’s internet does working beside the chrome browser then you can try the given step below to reset your chrome browser because it’s your chrome problem and resetting the setting makes it back to normal.
@To reset your chrome:
- Open your Chrome and click on the Chrome menu at the right-hand top corner.
- Then Click on “Settings”.
- At the bottom of that page, click “Show advanced settings”.
- Under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
- In the box that appears, click Reset.
If the resting chrome won’t work the maybe you should try to reinstall it: