DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET – Explained With Solutions
This webpage is not available DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET or I say DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET, is a chrome browser error and it mainly occurs when your Browser isn’t able to access the internet connecting on your computer and besides that, there are also so many of other reasons for getting this problem in our chrome browsers and be like DNS problem, drivers problem and let’s see them all other mentioned below in this article.
As is say it’s a chrome browser error and you can get this error on your every chrome installed device, wherever you are using your Phone, Laptop, Desktop or anything who’s having chrome in it.
There are lots of different conditions can be possible for this error to showing up on your computer’s screen and it can be, getting the error while accessing any website or web page on Google chrome or maybe this error only occurring on your chrome and the internet working just fine on all other browsers like Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer.
So Let’s Fix It:
I’ve mentioned all the possible and working solution below to fix this problem and 99% you’ll gonna fix it, now you’ll just need to follow all the suggested instruction steps one by one on your chrome installed devices, until this error gone completely.
#First Thing First
The first thing I want you to do is to restart your computer by the restart option in your operating system. I’m suggesting you this because, during the system reboot, your operating system does perform some various types of diagnosis in their background process. If you don’t know, a simple reboot can simply fix your computer if it’s acting strange and In fact, restarting your PC can pre-emptively fix common problems before they occur.
#Internet Config Fix up
There is always a DNS Client Service is running in every internet connected device who can translate the domain name into the corresponding IP address. Like, the domain name “www.deskdecode.com” might convert to “22.214.171.124”.
So, it’s possible your windows internet management services or That DNS Client Service might get corrupted and running improperly and by that, its 100 % possibility for this error to showing up in your Browser and by just resting some setting can quickly fix this problem if it’s happening because of some bad DNS setting configuration.
So, let’s troubleshoot it.
I divided this resetting or changing the configuration tutorial according to the ‘operating systems’ as you can see listed below so, I’m starting with the windows resting tutorial and then for Mac and then for Linux, just skip this step and scroll down to see the tutorial for other OS, only if you’ve had or otherwise skip.
Note: Scroll Down little more to see Mac or Linux net configuration reset instruction.
@To Reset Your Windows Internet Setting, You’ll Need To –
1# – Reset Winsock – Winsock is a programming interface and the supporting program that handles input or output requests for Internet applications in our Windows Operating System.
- First, open the Run Commander in your windows by pressing the Windows Key +R key at the same time.
- After that, type the “cmd” in the text box and that will open your windows Command Prompt.
- Now type the command “netsh winsock reset catalog” in your CMD and then press enter, it will reset your entire network configuration in your windows.
After that restart your computer and test it, if the problem stays then try to do the next one listed below.
Feedback by Nathan Maskal On 2 Feb 2016,
Thanks from Norway, dude you just saved my day for final exam. Just only 1 hour left to deliver the project. And yes I made by this command “netsh winsock reset catalog”. I’ll definitely giving you a big kiss haahaaha!! Kidding 😛
2# – Release and renew IP – Refreshing your IP address can help’s your frustrating network connection to improve itself.
- Start Cmd again on your Computer.
- Type “ipconfig /release” (no quotes) and then hit “Enter”
- Once the prompt returns, type “ipconfig /renew” (no quotes) and then press “Enter,”
- Type “exit”
- Restart your computer and test it, if the problem stays move to the next one.
3# – Flushing DNS – It’s quite possible your windows PC recently saved some corrupted “DNS cache” and to fix it, you’ll need to flush all cached DNS from your computer and the given step below will help you to do that.
- Start Cmd again on your Computer.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” (no quotes) and then hit “Enter”.
- Type “exit” and hit enter.
Restart your computer and test it, if the problem stays move to the next one.
Feedback By TomBarbs On 14 Mar 2016,
Thank you deskdecode!! Finally something that worked for me. Flushing the DNS like you mentioned and it worked.
4# – Setup DNS – If flushing DNS won’t works then you can change your DNS server IP to the Google’s Public DNS server IP and maybe that will work for you.
- Changing the DNS Server Setting can be tricky for you so, follow these steps carefully. So, now we need to go to the “Network and Sharing center” to make changes and you can quickly open it by typing a single command in your windows Run Command.
- So, start the Run by pressing “Windows key + R key” and when it gets open type the command name “ncpa.cpl” and then click “OK” to open the Network and Sharing center window.
- In the Network and Sharing center, select the “Change adapter settings” option at the left panel.
- Now Right Click on your current active network adapter and then click on the properties option to get into the configuration mode (I’m doing this with my WiFi adaptor because I’m using WiFi and if you’re using LAN wire cable then you’ll need to right-click on “LOCAL AREA NETWORK ADAPTER” or maybe “Ethernet” Adaptor, whatever suit your condition).
- Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and then click on Properties.
- On that“Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” window you can see there is an option named “Use the following DNS server addresses” listed and now you’ll have to select it and change the setting from “Obtain DNS server address automatically” to the other one.
- After that, you’ll have the enter the suggested IP address given below
- Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- And finally, click on “OK” to save the setting.
If you still having the problem in your windows computer then you can skip some other OS tutorial steps and go the topic named “#Reset Browsers” listed below, after mac and Linux internet resetting tutorial.
@To Reset Your MAC Internet Setting, You’ll Need To –
1# – Reset Internet Configuring – To reset your Macintosh laptop or desktop’s net configuration, first you’ll need to Turn off your WiFi or maybe unplug the LAN wire, depends on your network connection and then go to the suggested directory in your hard disk, which I’m listed below.
>>Go To – “/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration”
Now rename the file name “preferences.plist” to the “preferences.plist.aak” and restart your computer. After that you’re mac just forgot their previously saved setting and make a new one for itself (New “preferences.plist” will be created).
2# – Renewing DHCP IP Address – That will regenerate a new IP Address for your network.
- In the above-left apple menu, select the option named “System Preferences”.
- After that, open the “Network” setting and select the currently active network connection from the left side list, usually this will have a green icon next to it and say ‘Connected’.
- Now click on the “Advanced” button.
- In the top menu options, select the option named “TCP/IP”. If your computer using the IP address given by the DHCP, you can see Renew DHCP Lease button and by clicking on it can renew your Mac’s network IP address.
3# – Flushing DNS – To flush your mac DNS you’ll need to open the Command terminal and type the command on it.
One of these commands can clear the cache and I mentioned all commands because the reset command is different according to the mac version. So, one of them will work for you.
- sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
- sudo discoveryutil udnsflushcaches
- sudo dscacheutil –flushcache
- sudo lookupd –flushcache
Note: Enter your user password if it asks.
4# Assigning DNS IP – To change your Mac DNS, first you’ll need to Click on your “Apple” menu and choose “System Preferences” and after that select the option named “Network” in that menu.
Now select your active network connection which is also having a Green Light next to it and then click on “Advanced” button.
After that select the DNS tab from the above Options Menu and in that tab you can use the “+” button to add a new DNS server for your network.
I’m only recommending you to use Google Public DNS Server which is listed below:
Click “OK” when your IP editing gets done.
@To Reset Your Linux Internet Setting, You’ll Need To –
1# Reset network – Open your Linux command terminal and type the command listed below.
- service network-manager stop
- rm /var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state
- service network-manager start
2# Renew IP – Use given commands in your terminal.
- $ sudo dhclient –r
- $ sudo dhclient
3# Flush DNS – Use given command listed below, but only one of them will work for you.
- $ sudo /etc/init.d/nscd restart
- # service nscd restart
- # service nscd reload
4# Set New DNS – Open your commander and type.
- $ sudo vi /etc/resolv.conf
- nameserver 184.108.40.206
- nameserver 220.127.116.11
Resetting your browser to its default state can often fix problems and Using this option will won’t delete your bookmarks and passwords, but it make everything else back to its default state. The steps below are same for all operating systems whatever you’re using Windows, Mac and Linux versions of Chrome.
Feedback By Olaniyi On 29 Jan 2016,
Thank u so much desk 1. Out this 20 solutions I attempted, in a span of 3 days. Resting the brewers is the only one that gave me success. Thanks again.
You’ll need to type this address “chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings” into your Chrome’s address bar and it will show the reset option. Just click on reset.
#Remove Add-ons & Spammy software
A browser extension is a plug-in that extends the functionality of a web browser in some way but nowadays some developer companies making Spammy add-ons or extension or maybe a software which can advertise their products and sometimes when some incompatible software for plugin gets installed in your computer can definitely create this DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error.
1# Remove Spammy Extension – To delete all unusable extractions you’ll need to go the extension manager by typing by “chrome://extensions” in the Google address bar or Alternatively you can also use the side menu as shown in the picture given below.
After that just delete all the extension by using the dump button and you can skip some extensions if you’re using it or otherwise remove all of them.
2# Remove Software (Not for Mac and Linux Users, Move to Next Step) – To remove Spammy software you’ll need to go your windows program and feature setting and uninstall all those unknown installations.
Press “Windows key + R key” and when run command’s open, type “appwiz.cpl” and when the program and feature windows get opens, select and Uninstall those Softwares and Toolbars which you don’t even use.
A device driver is a program that controls a particular type of device that is attached to your computer and just like that your computer is also having the network drivers which controls the network adaptor, whatever your using the LAN adapter or maybe a wifi adaptor.
By updating that network adapter’s drivers does solve many problems and also the one you’re surfing.
#Internet Connectivity Issue
Internet connectivity is more important than everything and without that your computer can’t able to do any anything. There are couple or more things you can try to find your internet is working or not.
If your internet works on other browser and only not working on chrome then your internet is working perfect and you can skip this step and move to the next one. If you can’t able to access on any browser in your computer then continue with this ping test.
I want you to do a ping test on your computer because it can calculate how long it takes for the packet to reach the server and to be sent back and without the internet get failed or showing you a message says “connection timed out” or “destination host unreachable”.
So, open your operating system’s command prompt and type “ping www.yahoo.com” and if your command prompt receives packets look like the given picture below then your internet is working and there is some problem in your windows what you can still try to reinstall or restore it.
If it says timeout or host unreachable then your internet is not working and you should need to call your internet service provider to get assistance regarding for your Internet Connectivity Issue.
If you’re using your laptop via wifi then you can try to connect it via Ethernet cable and disconnected the wireless one, it can does solve your problem because one of my website user solved their problem by this.